Dark Ages: Dragons
Beauty and Brutality
'There Be Dragons' by Torhal Bjorik
Immersive Dragon AI
Start Your Epic Battles
Dark Ages Dragons AI Overhaul seeks to add a bit of zest into the Dragons of Skyrim. There are several parts to this mod and the best part is you have control over the customising.
1. Vanilla dragons are already slightly tougher than than base game. Their damages were increased by 2% and defenses were given a 5% bonus and they have more abilities. You can determine how much extra damage dragons do and how much more their resistances are - this is done by reducing your effectiveness in battle and bolstering their natural defenses by a proper difficulty modifier (1.15 = 15% more damage done by dragons and 15% more resists/armour).
This was done to work with Fatality (or possibly other combat mods) that have dragon modifiers included and allow you to customise your experience. The increased difficulty is for when you level. (If you find a modifier is “stuck” or it seems dragons are way to difficult, set the modifier to 0 and wait a few seconds before setting your value again. The creation engine is old and it gets cranky sometimes and you have to give it a swift kick in the rear)
2. You can turn off and on random dragon attacks (read more below)
3. Dragons only attack every six days instead of every three (this helps performance)
4. Dragons have more than one level to them. You will find:
Sometimes you will see a Legendary pop into Skyrim, sometimes a Fledgling is found wandering areas. You never know what you're going to get because life is random. This is to increase your realism, immersion and fantasy all at once.
Each set of dragons have special shouts and abilities. Mature + can summon random cultists/followers to them, but Fledgling and Bloods have not mastered that call.
5. Dragons are unique. You will not always know if they are fire, frost or elemental dragons and they come in many different colours. Always be on your guard
Where to place in LO: NPC AI or Immersion is fine
You start with the dragon control ability in your power/shout menu.
|Mod Name||Overwrite Info|
|ERSO||Not with the AI. Pick 1 dragon overhaul at a time|
|Splendor||No. This module already edits the dragon colour options.|
|Dragon Spell Mods||No. Mods that touch the dragon spells, shouts or abilities will not work|
|Fatality + Other Combat Mods||Yes as long as they don't touch the aforementioned abilities. Modifiers are built at your discretion|
|Divine Cities or Villages||Yes|
|Beasts of Tamriel||Yes|
Bellyaches was used as a base. Further improvement done via Photshop + Quixel
Dramatic Alduin by lightningo